Mental Health and Psychosocial Support SupervisorMiejsce pracy: Warszawa
- Supervise PSS activities
- Co-facilitate training activities for external partners together with MHPSS Co
- Train, coach and mentor the PSS team and coordinates their provision of PSS activities in line with PUI protocols, guidelines and SOPs
- Help to develop a proper referral system on the field together with MHPSS Co
- Compile and draft activity reports
- Contribute to the protection of the program beneficiaries
- University diploma in psychology (Master degree)
- At least 2 years of clinical experience
- At least 1 year of experience in the implementation of MHPSS program with MHPSS team supervision
- Sense of confidentiality – Good knowledge of psychosocial and / or psychological support practices – Capacity to design and to provide trainings to the team and the partners on MHPSS topics, - Experience in training facilitation – Good knowledge of PFA and basic counselling – Experience of team organization, coaching and mentoring – Experience in the collection, treatment and management of data related to the program
- English (basic level sufficient)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Experience with an NGO / association
- Sensitivity and empathy- Rigour related to the management of project material –Proactivity – Ability and willingness to take initiatives – Hard worker – Capacity to work with and without supervision – Self-organization skills – Good leadership in order to motivate and lead the team – Time management skills
- Have commitment, competence, and willingness to receive intensive training, regular on job training and supervision by MHPSS Coordinator.
- Work in close coordination with PSS providers and other relevant stake holders.
- Act as a (co-)trainer under supervision of the MHPSS Coordinator to strengthen the capacity of PSS providers: Train, Manage and Supervise PSS providers.
- Regular follow-up of the activities of PSS Providers.
- Visit health facilities to supervise, monitor & evaluate providers’ performance and conduct remote supervision of insecure areas.
- Provide feedback, and coach PSS Providers in order to improve the quality of the psycho-social support services.
- Assist PSS providers with formulating action plans for beneficiaries and with the provision of group activities for beneficiaries.
- Support providers in their self-care, and monitor their work related distress. If possible conduct regular support sessions with the providers for the purpose of their self-care.
- Help the PSS providers to identify the severely affected cases and have an action plan to support them in order to ensure their wellbeing.
- Develop a peer support framework for providers.
- Act as a co-provider to strengthen the capacity of the supervisees and conduct live supervision and mentoring. Also, function as a co-worker to provide community awareness, volunteers training and supervision to improve the capacity of supervisees to enable them to perform the same activities independently.
- Ensure accuracy of providing the service, reporting, and documentation.
- Become proficient with PUI data collection tools, conduct and submit screening, and assessments, and PSS providing reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work closely with the database staff and manager to ensure quality reporting.
- Help PSS providers with data entry of collected information from the field.
- Ensure all work with clients is confidential and that ethical practices are observed in culturally appropriate way, especially with respect to gender sensitivities.
- Assist in strengthening the referral system and follow up of the relevant activities.
- Attend all PSS/PFA related trainings given by PUI or sent by PUI to external partners.
- Attend the weekly MHPSS supervision/ on job training meeting.
- Assist with any other related activities as deemed necessary by the MHPSS Coordinator.
Applications of Ukrainian Refugees are encouraged.
This job description may be subject to modifications in the future, depending on the evolution of the activities. These modifications will then be defined and discussed between the employee and Première Urgence Internationale.
In general, the employee will take all necessary actions for the correct development of Première Urgence Internationale activities in KRI in the limit of its tasks and responsibilities and of legal conditions of the work legislation.
Duration: UNTIL 30/09/2022
Premiere Urgence Internationale
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 200 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: protection, MHPSS, food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 7 million people in 21 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
Following the outbreak of the Russian military operation on the night of February 24 and the fleeing of refugees, PUI decided to open a mission in Poland. The first emergency team arrived early March in Przemysl to assess the needs there. Nowadays, in partnership with the UNHCR, PUI is implementing blue dots in several locations around Przemysl, in Warsaw and Krakow. In these blue dots, our teams, composed of social workers and psychologists, are providing psychosocial support and information about available services. In Przemysl, our team are also providing these services in collective shelters where refugees are hosted.